Thursday, August 16, 2012

L'Escola Restaurant and Social Club in the Costa Brava


While staying at Can Massa rural farmhouse in La Pera, I took Josep’s recommendation and went to this bar restaurant located at the historic center of La Pera. Next to the church, with a nice terrace in the same square, they offer variety of salads, tapas, sandwiches, meat, fish and homemade desserts. The place was the village school for many years in the past.
This is one of the places I love to recommend. The place is nothing fancy, a good place in a nice town, but once you take a seat you feel the difference. Service is fast and very correct. What did I eat? A tomato and mozzarella salad with pesto. Tomatoes from their neighboor’s orchard… delicious! I followed with one of the most amazing hamburgers I’ve ever tried. Trust me when I say I’ve tried more than 200, and I can say this was one of the best 10: tasty veal meat from the area, perfectly cooked, caramelized onion, goat cheese and homemade ketchup. They used a great bread too, not the typical but from some local bakery. Just incredible.
I finished with a yummy carrot pie with hot chocolate. A glass of red wine and some water accompanied me. I paid 20 Euros for everything.
The owner is really nice. She told me they organize concerts all year. In summer you can enjoy them at the beautiful outside, the rest of the year you can enjoy them inside, with a special acoustic sound.
I’ll want to come back my whole life just to taste all I told you again and be more lucky next time and be able to enjoy a concert while eating. Recommended and obligatory in my humble opinion.

http://www.totaltravel24.com/lescola-bar-restaurant-and-social-club-in-la-pera-costa-brava/

No comments:

Post a Comment